SmartPlug GUI Images
This is the GUI for the project Python Control of Smart Plugs: details on each part below. Still working on it, mostly to clean up the details. Note that this screen shot was taken during a debugging session and has some artifacts that will soon disappear, features that will be improved, then a new screen shot should be placed here.
Keeping screen shots up to date is a pain, these may lag the actual application which should look and perform better as time goes by.
SmartPlug Graph GUI
Note that this screen shot was taken during a debugging session and has some artifacts that will soon disappear, then a new screen shot should be placed here.
These buttons are also present both the SmartPlug and the SmartPlug Graph application.
- <Edit Log> >Open the application python log file using the system editor specified in parameters.py file. Note: The edit functions work only after you have configured parameters.py for your systems text editor
- <Edit Parms> >Open the application parameters.py file using the system editor, after the file has been modified. The system can be quickly restarted using the Restart button.
- <Restart> >Quickly restarts the system after the parameters.py file is changed or any time you want to restart the system from its current defaults
- <Help> >Open help file ( which mostly links to this wiki ?? )
- Next to Start date and hour: set date and hour to begin the selection of data for the graph ( default at startup set in parameters.py )
- Next to Start date and hour: set date and hour to end the selection of data ( default at startup set in parameters.py )
- Use check box to choose devices for data selection. Each device is graphed separately but on the same graph. ( list of devices defaulted in parameters.py )
- Database file selected in space to right of label. Use <Browse> button to select file from your file system. ( default at startup set in parameters.py )
- <Graph> button: create graph in new window
- Data selection same as for the graph ( output file name set in parameters.py )
- <CSV > button: create csv file from selected data.
- Database file: as above ( name a new file when creating an empty database )
- <Define 0 DB>: create an empty, new database
SmartPlug Recording Graph
Sample of a graph
Icons at the top left allow you to (hover over buttons for help):
- Zoom in on data
- Return to original display