Parametric 3D Printed Electronics Case/Enclosure
Cases/Enclosures for electronics project are often a bit of a pain. They cost too much, it is hard to find the right size, and after one is in hand it can be quite a bit of work to finish off all the holes, mounting bits and so on. Perhaps 3D print can come to the rescue. I looked around for what are called parametric models of cases -- I did not find any that were quite what I had in mind so I designed my own.
- FreeCad based.
- Parametric -- at least for height, width and base.
- Easy to customize each face with holes .....
- Early idea was to print 4 walls as one price, then use sheet stock for top and bottom -- still an option.
- Various options as to how to print the 6 different sides, as 1...6 sides.
Not yet complete
Modifications I Might Make
- Add additional optional structures internally for mounting.
- Perhaps slide in slots for boards.
- Better control of the bolt holes.