The following is a user-submitted list of PCB manufacturers. Your results may vary.
- This page lists "board houses" that take your custom PCB layout file and convert it to a custom printed circuit board (PCB) (ready for the next step: "assembly" adding parts). For "standard" prototyping PCBs, see stripboard and other techniques.
(FIXME: briefly mention the most relevant "capabilities": "preferred" and "minimum" trace width / spacing / via hole size / via pad diameter. Link directly to the manufacturer's "capability page" so readers can confirm these numbers for themselves. Boards that push the limit of manufacturability cost more than robustly designed boards that use preferred sizes.) For more details, see Submitting PCB's for fabrication.)
Best prices around for >2 layer boards. 4-layer boards up to 30 sq in. with 7/7 are $210 for 5, including shipping. Turn time is about 10 days including DHL from China. Service is not as fast as bigger outfits like Advanced Circuits, but still fine.
2.50 / square inch + $10 setup, must use your own software to generate Gerber files. Easy-to-use web ordering interface, but slow turnaround time -- 10-20 days. Boards come out very nice -- precut, double-sided with silk screen and solder mask on both side.
Good online design rule checking, easy web ordering interface, and small standard trace/space tolerances. Students can order single PCB's for $33 each.
- 2-layer, FR-4, 0.062" thick
- 8-mil line/gap (?)
- Cut to rectangle shape only
- No mask
- No legend
- Minimum hole size 0.015
- 6 mil line, 10 mil gap on inner layers
- 5 mil line/gap on outer layers (?)
- 0.010 inch final finished hole size
- minimum pad size: 0.024" (minimum 0.014" over finished hole size )
Bulgarian PCB manufacturer - $33 for a 6.3" by 3.9" board. I.E. cheaper than BatchPCB, but with a minimum board size requirement, and a more complicated ordering process. (shipping cost?)
- white component mark on one side
- traces/spaces >= 0,254 mm (0,010")
- via hole size: 0.6mm (0,024") ( standard drill tool: 0,7 mm (0,028") minus plating 0,1mm (0,004") ) ; via pad size: ???
- silkscreen both sides
- minimum track/spaces: 0,203 mm (0,008")
- minimum via hole size: ??? ; minimum via pad size: ???
Sunstone Circuits Offers their own free (proprietary) schematic and PCB layout software -- easy to use, but you are locked into using their service. Integration with ordering system simplifies the process of ordering boards.
preferred ("Q2") capabilities:
- traces/spaces >= mm (0.006") (the Sunstone DFM rules mention preferred width: 0.010", clearance 0.006")
- finished via hole size: mm (0.016") ; via pad size: 0.030"
- Pre-set finish drill sizes: .016, .020, .025, .029, .033, .036, .040, .043, .046, .053, .061, .067, .080, .087, .093, .100, .110, .125, .141, .151, .167, .193, .251
- power plane clearance: 0.012"
- 2-side Solder Mask
- 1-side Silkscreen
- instant online quote
- has "PCB123 - free PCB Design Software from Sunstone Circuits"
- 2-side silkscreen
- minimum track/space: 0.005"
- minimum via hole size: 0.008" ; minimum via pad size: ???
All orders submitted before noon ship the next day. UPS ground shipping is free. Since they are located in the Portland, OR area this means you can get a board overnight to most places in the Northwest US.
Basic service is a two layer board routed to any size and shape. Two 9 sq inch boards for $63 (including shipping). Soldermask and silkscreen doubles the price.
Eagle gerber conversion scripts are provided.
PCBEXPRESS is apparently a division of Sunstone Circuits.
5 Boards for $60 ($12 ea. for 10 sq. inches) with a 5 day turn time. Good quality work, but turn times can be delayed if you have to correct any issues that don't meet their specs.
2 boards, 2 layers next day shipping for as low as 7.95 each. or 2 boards, 2 layers, 2 solder masks and legend one side for as low as 9.95 each. 3 Day Service
Online quotes at http://www.apcircuits.com/ap/calculator
Full CNC contour routing including plated slotting, oversize holes, internal cutouts for a modest fee
Instructions for creating Gerber and NC output from many popular PCB programs are also on this site.
4 2 layer boards for $18.99 each. Great prices for production board runs. Helpful staff.
- minimum 0.004" (0.1 mm) trace/space
- minimum finished hole size: 0.008" (0.2 mm)
Similar to PCB123, in that they have free propietary schematic and layout software, but their Mini-Board service (3 identical boards, 2.5" X 3.8", no silkscreen) is priced well at $51 total, which includes shipping. If you need small boards quickly, this is a good choice, since they ship the next business day.
Fast turnaround (~8days + shipping), instant online quotes. $30 tooling fee, under $2/sq in.
No minimum order, must wait 24 hours for quote, $9.9 for protos, no extra charge for soldermask, silkscreen, E-testing, very low price on 2, 4, 6 layers.
quick turn prototype and vol production choice, based in CN, price competitive while quality guarantee, contact for more detail: firstname.lastname@example.org
(FIXME:) prototype prices: 3 small 2 sided prototype boards for a total of $54 + $22 shipping.
4 small (max. 30 sq. inch) 2 sided prototype boards for a total of $80 + $35 shipping
- Min. track/space 0.015 mm (0.006"). (This looks like a typo -- is it really 0.15 mm ?)
- 0.35 mm via hole (0.014")
- 0.32 mm inner clearance (0.013").
- min. track/space 0.08 mm (0.003")
- instant online quote
- Accurate, Fast PCB Quotes. OnBoardCircuits.com is the easiest Printed Circuit Board PCB quote site on the internet. We strive to make your purchasing process simple. From quick-turn prototype and ramp-to-volume production boards to full-scale production printed circuit boards, every phase is monitored and managed by highly qualified professionals.
"GC Aero specializes in the design and manufacture of flexible circuits and completed assemblies."
"Minco has the ability to wind flat inductive coils and laminate them within flex circuits."
- polyimide flex circuits
- .003"/.003" Minimum Trace and Space on 0.5 oz. copper
- .010" (drill size) Minimum Inner Diameter
- .014" Minimum Annular Ring Over Drill Size
- minimum pad size: 0.038" (calculated from min drill size + 2*annular ring)
- FR4, Rogers 4003, Rogers 4350, Rogers RT/Duroid
- "Lead Free HASL" or Gold surface
- solder resist: Green, Green (Matt), Red, Blue, Black, or Clear
- silkscreen: White, or Yellow
- Minimum Track & Gap: 0.127mm (5 thou)
- Minimum Hole (Drilled): 0.25mm
- Minimum Annular Ring: 0.127mm (5 thou)
- Minimum Inner Clearance: 0.254mm (10 thou)
- minimum Track & Gap: 0.0762mm (3 thou)
- minimum Hole (Drilled): 0.20mm
- minimum Annular Ring 0.0762mm (3 thou)
- Minimum Inner Clearance: 0.216mm (8.5thou)
Hobbyists created studio with PCB/PCBA services, they have outstanding communication among Chinese. They have some $10 offer for rather small board and $89 for combined designs. A very good alternative if you don't need it in a rush, or in large volume. Eagle files are accepted too.
Other fab lists
Other web sites with a short list of recommendations:
- "How to make really really good homemade PCBs" by Mike Harrison 2007
- "PCB fabbing advice" by Chris Anderson 2008
Other web sites with long lists of PWB fabricators: