Open Circuits is a wiki for sharing open source electronics knowledge, schematics, board layouts, ports and parts libraries. This include open hardware Music Players, atomic microscopes, PC, PDA and mobile phones, and batteries. Please help us to build this resource by submitting your component descriptions, projects, techniques, and PCB footprints.
Descriptions, instructions, board layouts, and other documentation for electronics
Lists of components, where to purchase them, how to use them. For many components there are links to projects using that particular component, this is especially true for microcontrollers, for example follow the links down to PIC microcontrollers and you will find many project links as well as tutorials.....
Circuits you will use over and over.
How to do things.
How to understand and plan what you are doing. These are for general theory, more specific information is linked to its topic.
Don't reinvent the wheel. Known working open PCB footprints for various components.
Perhaps it will be answered, perhaps not. Google for it first in the spirt of RTFM. Please do not ask us to do a school project for you.
Link to it here.
Not projects or information on projects, but stuff about the open source movement ( mostly hardware ) itself.
Help Us Make Open Circuits Better
What are we:
Looks like we are defining this by way of who contributes and what. I ( russ_hensel ) am a new member so may or may not have it right. This is what I think:
- An introduction to Electronic theory, suitable for the hobbyist.
- Guide to locating and using components and tools.
- Details on how to build various projects.
- Building some sense of community among builders.
There are two means of carrying this out:
- Write material for the site or
- Link to material you may have written or have located on the web. There is so much stuff on the web that lets not write it here unless it is at least somewhat unique.
What do you think, discuss it here if very general, else on the discussion page ( link at top of page ).
- We love volunteers
- Spam What should we do about it, it is a real problem now ( Feb 08 ).