What is a Maker Space
There are many different definitions. We will define it as it applies to us, South Coast Innovation Labs. Note maker spaces are sometimes called Hacker Spaces ....
It is a place where you can go to:
- Get access to equipment you cannot or do not afford yourself.
- Learn about making things that you want to learn about.
- Meet others making interesting things.
- Begin a business.
Lots of maker spaces ( and SCIL ) are interested in the following equipment:
- 3D Printers
- Laser Cutters
- CAD design tools
We have some equipment that is not so common:
- Sewing Machines
- Aquaponics Lab
- Wood Shop
- Metal Shop
What Happens at a Make Space
- Shops, labs, open for use of members.
- Courses and workshops are offered.
- Regular meetings of Special Interest Groups.
We will add links to more maker space info soon.
- Maker Space SC
- Add a link here soon.
- Add a another link here soon.