From Open Circuits
 note on wall clock
just looking at it and have a few notes that you may or may not have considered:
- put the sticks for each segment in series, assuming you are using 5 volts I think this will just decrease the value of your current limiting
- by displaying only one digit at a time and scanning them 30 times a second you need only 8 + 4 or so output bits. It will change your current limiting resistor again as the peak current needs to be higher.
Nice project, I will keep my eye on it.
Welcome, Garrocha. Welcome to Open Circuits.
I hope you enjoy reading OpenCircuits and sharing your knowledge with us.
A few tips:
- You can "sign" your contributions by typing four tildes "~~~~" at the end.
- Be bold with your editing. If you add information that really belongs on some other page of this wiki (or on some other wiki entirely), or you accidentally delete some crucial stuff, it's fairly easy for anyone to fix it. Please feel free to revert or otherwise fix-up any of my edits that turn out to be erroneous and/or misguided.
- We are all volunteers here.
Thank you for fighting spammers.
--DavidCary 06:37, 11 May 2007 (PDT)
Thank you for fighting spammers. I've confirmed that -- as you pointed out -- Talk:Enclosures, Talk:Digital Potentiometers, Talk:MicroSD/Transflash Socket, Talk:LT1168, Talk:Minimig Manufacture, Talk:DB9 Serial Connector, Talk:Op amp, Talk:Home controller, Talk:Sensors, Talk:Sample Component, Talk:Submitting PCB's for fabrication, Main Page/index.php, DsPIC30F 5011 Development Board/ were all nothing but spam for their entire history. So I deleted them.
Some of them had been created full of spam months ago, and I never noticed until you pointed them out. Sorry.
--DavidCary 21:05, 30 December 2007 (PST)
- I just found them by clicking on random page and looking at the discussion, and I found that some of the were full os spam, so I start searching for these talking pagesGarrocha 03:43, 31 December 2007 (PST)
After I delete them, should I should re-create them -- like I did with Talk:Cellular rotary phone -- and immediately "protect" that page from further anonymous edits? (I haven't yet figured out how to block anonymous edits from pages that do not yet exist). --DavidCary 21:39, 30 December 2007 (PST)
- Yes, thats the better choice, I suppose.
Thanks DavidCary for take care of this page, some of us only came twice a year, so is great that somebody makes the effort al year long :) Garrocha 03:43, 31 December 2007 (PST)
Congratulations on becoming a sysop at Open Circuits. --DavidCary 07:50, 11 February 2008 (PST)
- Thanks, this will make things easier :) Garrocha 23:44, 11 February 2008 (PST)