Python Session 1
Ready to try.
The First Time
The first assignment or so may be good to do live with human assistance as in your instructor. This may not be necessary for you, so you can try it on your own. But if it seems at all cryptic lets do it in a "class".
Goals and Tasks
For this assignment we have the following goals:
- Get off the ground, get set up for the course.
- Sign up for this Wiki, start a user page for yourself.
- Get the Spyder Python IDE running on your computer. Do this: Install Spyder
- Get some programs at the level of Hello .... running. Do this: Hello World in Spyder
- Learn to run examples Do this: Run Python Code from the Web
- Pick up a few miscellaneous basics. Miscellaneous Python Basics
- Begin first thoughts about a project see: Python Course Project
- Use the template page My Python Progress to make a page to document your progress.
Our text Learn Python the Hard Way has a different setup in Learn Python the Hard Way - Exercise 0 , the author is fairly feirce in his belief that this is the right way to go, I do not. So we have a different setup. You may want to read what he has to say anyway, but please if you do it don not tell me.