Python Links and Downloads
The Following may be useful, we will add comments as time allows. There are also some very good books and other resources available for purchase, but we will avoid them here.
Meta - Links to Links
May link to free or paid content.
Tutorials and Online Books
- Think Python I have read and like this book. A logical and systematic development may be a bit dull, but worth the effort.
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist — How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python 3
- GIS Programming With Python
- Learn Python | Python tutorials for beginners | The Python Guru
- The Python Tutorial — Python 3.5.2 documentation
Book and Document Downloads
Non Free Books
I have only included ones I really like. There are duds out there, fine to look at but we do not want to pay for them. These are not links, look them up from perhaps Amazon or the publisher. Amazon may have used copies at substantial discount. Some may have downloads that can be useful for electronic search.
Python Cookbook, Third Edition
by David Beazley and Brian K. Jones Copyright © 2013 David Beazley and Brian Jones. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. Published by O’Reilly Media, Inc., 1005 Gravenstein Highway North, Sebastopol, CA 95472.
Comment: Lots of short recipe or code snips. You can learn a lot of Python by seeing smart ways of solving common problems.