Design using Solid Works
Status: Scheduled: Introduction to 3D Modelling With Solidworks Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Overview: An introduction to using the Solidworks. Will cover basic part creation, assembly creation and drawings.
- Prerequisites: None (must know how to use a keyboard and mouse).
- Limit to 6 students based off of number of Solidworks equipped Computers in the lab. Could potentially add 1-2 more if there is room and they already have Solidworks setup on their laptops.
- Need use of the Computer lab for the duration of the class.
- Need someone with a key to open up/ lock up
- Use of a projector would be very helpful.
- Running the program
- Navigating the 3D field
- Constructing solid parts (sketch, feature, dimension)
- Adding parts to assemblies
- Making basic drawings.
- Some best practices.
- Depending on if time remains: Advanced display options, material settings, advanced features of the tool.